Are you ready to welcome August with a fun Crochet Along? I am and I AM SO EXCITED! I hope you are too!!! We will work on the Cities Circle Bag together which is a perfect accessory for fall and so hot right now! (I suspect you’ll end up wanting to make a few bags for Christmas gifts as well!)
I wasn’t sold on the whole circle bag concept when they first started getting popular. (Anyone else SO SLOW to hop on new trends?) I mean, what’s wrong with the good old rectangle? But really, these bags are adorable and I am seeing them pop up everywhere. I even saw a DIY circle bag on Instagram made with round placemats. So clever.
I am a firm believer that you can never have too many bags so let’s make one TOGETHER!
Details for the Cities Circle Bag CAL
This will be a quick, 8 day, 3 part Crochet Along! The first par of the crochet purse will take the longest which is why you have more days to complete it.
- Part one will go live Friday August 10, at 9 am CST **** It’s LIVE head over to start on Part 1 of the Crochet Circle Bag
- Part two will go live Wednesday August 15 at 9 am CST
- Part three will go live Saturday August 18 at 9 am CST
Once the Crochet Along is over, the pattern will remain on the blog for free!
If you just can’t wait for each part of the pattern to release, an ad-free PDF of the entire pattern will be available for purchase on Etsy and Ravelry when Part 1 releases.
Purchase on Etsy Purchase on Ravelry
Each release will be announced on FB and by email!
- Make sure you are following Stitching Together on FB and on Instagram
- Join the Stitching Together FB Group
- Sign up for emails – you can sign up at the top of the page – no need to sign up again if you already receive my emails.
Share your progress in the Stitching Together Facebook group and/or tag me on Instagram @stitching_together and #stitchingtog
If you have questions, please post them in the facebook group. Most likely someone will be able to quickly answer or someone else has the same question and we can all learn together!
Materials needed for the Crochet Circle Bag CAL
- 1 ball of # 5 Chunky yarn – 8.8 oz, 249 yds
- I used Bernat Maker Outdoor in Summer Storm Gray, which I believe is only available at Joann Fabrics. (Run to Joanns – it is on clearance and they are having additional sales this week! I also think this yarn will be retired until next summer so don’t wait to get it.)
- All of my testers used Bernat Maker Outdoor as well.
- Some of them used the Bernat Maker Outdoor stripes. While the bags are still super cute, I don’t think the striping pattern is short enough to really get the full effect. The bag looks best in a solid color of Maker Outdoor.
- Bernat Maker Home is available on Amazon and in stores and would most likely work as a substitute although it is slightly thinner. You may want to add another round to your bag or just have a slightly smaller bag.
- I also worked up a side using Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. It is a size 6, Super Bulky yarn so you can do less rounds or have a bigger bag. (I actually loved it in WET&Q so there might be a new bag featuring this yarn in the future!)
- 6.5 mm US size K Crochet Hook (<<<<Favorite hooks and you can purchase them on Amazon or read a review of the hooks here!)
- Large Eye Tapestry Needle
- Button or toggle (optional)
- The button I used was approx 3/4″ in diameter which I found in my button stash.
- A wood toggle like these on Amazon would also be adorable.
Skills and Details for the Cities Circle Bag Crochet Along
The finished bag size is approx 10″ in diameter and 3″ wide.
Skills to know include working in the round, slip stitching, chaining, half double crochets, and joining yarn.
A beginner with basic knowledge of these skills can handle this bag!
A quick recap of what to do to get prepared for the CAL:
- Get your yarn
- Get your hook
- Join the email list
- Join the FB group
- SHARE this CAL with all your crocheting buddies and in your crocheting groups!
I can’t wait to make with YOU! Get excited and see you Friday!